Friday 8 July 2016

Dragons for a #FolksyFriday blog

I think by now you know I am glass obsessed - after all, it's the name of my blog.  However you may not know that I have two other obsessions namely owls and dragons.

Owls

Lampwork owls
Owls, well I've collected them for almost as long as I can remember.  I have so many that a large quantity currently live in a box, awaiting shelf space.  I also seem to like making owls from glass, and make lampwork and fused glass owls in various guises and disguises.  I've even been known to use them as props in the odd photograph or two...they tend to oversee a photographic session.

Dragons

But Dragons...
well, being a dragon myself born during the year of the dragon and living in the Land of Dragons and Castles,  I decided that my next blog post NEEDED to feature dragons.   So what more opportune time than to make my blog feature dragons than on a #FolksyFriday.  I have up until now made very few dragons out of glass, but I am always looking for inspiration.
This week I have been looking through my Dragon Pinterest board and also in particular through Folksy and trying to come up with not only inspiration for my work, but for a blog subject for #FolksyFriday.

The idea of Folksy Friday is that I share some other Folksy makers work on my blog and Twitter, and have their lovely goods, (all handmade in the UK by the way) in a blog post seen by my followers to help give them more exposure to a different audience, possibly someone who has never seen their work before (with the added bonus being that they may come along and see my work or even read my blog!).
So with that bit of an explanation here are my picks for this weeks #FolksyFriday, in no real order.

Red Dragon Original illustration
Red Dragon by DebIllustration
This is my first choice -


I just LOVE the character of this dragon, and of course as he's red he must have Welsh heritage somewhere in his line.  Deb also has other amazing dragons on mugs - but they are green, and gardening (so perhaps an idea for the gardener in the family?), and dinosaurs, elephants, so there's lots of choice.
If you want to take a look at the other lovely things in her shop, you should be able to click on

 Debs Red Dragon

 to get you there (if I've linked it properly).


Dragon egg - solid borosilicate glass - handmade in West Wales
Dragon egg - solid borosilicate glass




Next up, from a fellow lampworker who I know lives in Wales too is this gorgeous Dragons egg.  Especially laid in West Wales for Alan, of Folksy shop AJDA by a rare sub-species of the famous Welsh dragon - the Skomer Stormlizard.  This is a particularly beautiful specimen I know you'll agree!
Go and have a look at the other amazing Dragon's Eggs he has on offer!


Dragon Tail and wings Kids Costume
Dragon Tail and Wings
  For those of you with little dragons to occupy, how FAB are these!  A set of Dragon tail and wings by Anna of tired bear in Bournemouth.  I know a few little dragons who would absolutely LOVE these! (and a few bigger dragons who would probably wear them to the match next time Wales play!).  Take a look at her other amazing things here.
And they are washable...most important when dealing with little dragons.
Idris the dragon needle felt ornament, Welsh dragon figurine
Idris

And last but not least, I just couldn't resist this little chap - his name is Idris and amazingly he's looking for a forever home!  He currently lives with Nikki of fuzzlebees in Cromford.  He is so cute that I'm sure he won't be there long, and will be winging his way to his new home as soon as he is able to stretch his wings and learn to fly!


That completes my selection of dragons for #FolksyFriday, I hope you've enjoyed looking at them as much as I've enjoyed finding them!  I'm off now to sort out last nights orders for posting - stars and hares today, and then to order some glass, and look to see what else needs to go into the kiln.
Have a great weekend everyone, and don't forget to go to Folksy and have a look at the gorgeous range of goods, ALL handmade in the UK!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback.
Thank you for reading the Dragon Art Glass Blog!